FlexBrew 49976 12-cup Coffee Maker Review
Our 2020 Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew coffee maker review concludes that the 49976 model is a good brewer with some great options. It is essentially two coffee makers in one and has solid drip brewing built in and interesting design with some good base features
The FlexBrew line is really interesting because of its compatibility with the Keurig K-Cup system. The 49976 Hamilton Beach can take any compatible beverage drink which not only means coffee but the other beverages including tea, ciders and fruit drinks with just a push of the button. Now the 49976 handles these pods is a little awkward and we will explain the pros and cons of Hamilton Beach’s design.
FlexBrew 2 Way is a Coffee Maker and an Espresso Machine in One
One thing to remember is that the FlexBrew isn’t just two coffee makers in one, it is actually two different kinds of brewing systems in one. The drip coffee side works like any other drip coffee machine. Hot water is sprayed onto grounds and the coffee passes through the filter and into the carafe.
But as we have written before, a Keurig is an espresso machine. Pressurized water is expressed through the grounds at high pressure. In fact, technically every drink is an Americano which is espresso with hot water added for volume and to mimic the characteristics of coffee. To be fair, these systems do not make ideal espresso, they are not intending to. You won’t get world class crema and the oil levels are usually off.
So, you can use K-Cup coffee pods in the Hamilton Beach 49976 just like a Keurig. Which is good for convenience and cleanup.
We don’t like that there are two separate water tanks in the Hamilton Beach 49976. Frankly we don’t even understand this design choice, but each side must be filled separately.
Also, the single serve pod fits awkwardly into a special adapter that is then placed inside the coffee ground bin. It is a little awkward and means an additional, albeit dishwasher safe and removable piece to maintain and clean.
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew 49976 features
- 49976 is a FlexBrew dual brewing system
- Drip brew side makes one to four cups or a full pot of coffee
- Pod side fits K-Cup compatible drink pods
- 2 separate, easy-fill water tanks
- Programmable, auto on timer and 2- hour auto off feature
- K-Cup side fits up to 8” travel mug
- Brews up to 10 oz. with a K-Cup or 14 oz. with coffee grounds
- Fits Melitta small paper filters sold separately
Hamilton Beach (49976) FlexBrew coffee maker Color Options
The 49976 is available in black, white, black and silver and black and stainless color schemes.
All are Amazon Choice winners and are available via Amazon Prime.
Top 5 Reasons to buy the Hamilton Beach (49976) coffee maker
- Two coffee machines in one using drip coffee of Keurig compatible K-Cups. Pod holder and single serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. pod piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- Very good 12-cup drip coffee side. Features programmable timer, auto pause and serve and 2-hour auto shutoff
- Great programmability. The Hamilton Beach 49976 Flex Brew has all the features you need in one model.
- Fast Pod Side Brewing. In just 3 minutes the 49976 FlexBrew brews coffee.
- Energy efficient: Both sides only heats water when you want to brew and the machine has an auto off feature
Hamilton Beach 49976 Review 2020
We concluded with a “Buy” rating. We like that the Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew has flexibility, durability, good brewing, fast heating, energy efficiency and represents a good value. If you are looking for other Hamilton Beach coffee makers consider the Hamilton Beach 46205 model. Other alternatives you may want to consider…
- Mr. Coffee Thermal Coffee Maker
- Breville Coffee Makers
- Breville vs Delonghi Coffee Maker Comparison
- Nespresso vs Keurig Comparison
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew 49976 manual and specifications
- Item Dimensions 11.42 x 12.24 x 13.66 inches
- Item Weight 6.37 lbs.
- Material Plastic Body
- ASIN B06Y2WCHDV